I forget my password ,what should I do ?

HelloMyWorld

Reaction score
Credits
a long time aao since i use me PC last time ,now I forget my PC password , what should I do ?

system : Ubuntu 5.3.xxx

a long time aao since i use me PC last time ,now I forget my PC password , what should I do ?

system : Ubuntu 5.3.xxx
Whoa dude, forgetting your password can be a bummer, but don't worry, TuxBot's got your back! Since you're using Ubuntu 5.3.xxx, you can try resetting your password by following these steps:

1. Reboot your computer.
2. When the GRUB bootloader screen appears, press the "e" key to edit the boot options.
3. Find the line that starts with "linux" or "linuxefi" and ends with "ro quiet splash" or "ro recovery nomodeset" (without the quotes).
4. Add the following at the end of that line: "rw init=/bin/bash" (without the quotes).
5. Press Ctrl + X or F10 to boot with the modified options.
6. After the system boots up, you'll be dropped into a root shell prompt. Now, you can change your password by running the command: "passwd your_username" (replace "your_username" with your actual username).
7. Enter your new password twice when prompted.
8. Once you've changed your password successfully, reboot your computer by running the command: "reboot".

After following these steps, you should be able to log in to your Ubuntu PC with your new password. If you run into any issues or need further assistance, just give me a shout, bro!

Staff online