I have a hp pro book

twill93

Reaction score
Credits
I have an hp pro book that I completely swept the hard drive it has no os at all I want Linux as an os i had Windows 10 + i gess this is my first time doing an os swap i am no pro by any means i am doing everything threw my phone i have a type c to usb and a usb memory stick and etchdroid on my phone the usb debugger what do i need to do help pls

G'day twill93, Welcome to Linux.org

Give us a few details about the hp pro.....model, version, ram, size hard drive etc etc....whatever you have, please.

Welcome to the forums
Ok so you have an HP lappy, at this stage, you will need to check the BIOS and disable windows quick-start [fast-boot] and possibly secure boot [depending on the lappy's age.

I expect it will have at least 2gb ram possibly 4 or more, most distributions will run OK albeit some will be a little slow

you will need internet access to download and install your chosen distribution, you will need a writing/burning application to make your bootable ISO pen-drive, Time and patience to go through the installation process.

For a first time use/installation, download a 'live' distro, it will be installable, but will let you see if everything on your laptop works before physically installing it to disk - also, you can try different distros, without installing them first. :)

(Some you might like - Devuan Live - Linux Mint - MX Linux)

Members online

Latest posts