I need your Urgent help for running Tkinter on IOS (Urgent⚡)

newcomer

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I'm a beginner programmer. I'm only 16. I was selected for a competition called YCS. I have to present my app to them (Not Online; I have to go there and show it). I Made the app using Tkinter. So, I'm unable to transport my desktop PC there. I have an Apple iPad 10th Gen, I can use it. But Can I run the Python code on it? (With tkinter GUI) Please help me.

1696322711310.png

1696322796637.png

Nothing is ever urgent on a forum, people help out in their own time, so having got that straight. ;)

If you can add all components needed to run it to your iPad, the answer should be 'yes', but sometimes things don't work out as expected, so if you can borrow a more suitable laptop, you will have a better chance of success......& good luck. :)

TKinter is the GUI part of the Python standard library. Every installation of Python should include tkinter.
So your script should just run on any platform that supports/runs Python. As long as Python is available to install on the iPad, you should be good to go. But I really don't know anything about the iPad. We are a Linux forum, not a Windows or Mac forum.

If you can't install Python on the iPad, perhaps you should look into borrowing, or acquiring a laptop, running either Windows, mac or Linux. You shouldn't need anything too flashy. As long as you can install and run your Python application on it, you should be good to go.

If that's not a viable option, you could try contacting the organisers of the competition. Explain that you only have a clunky desktop PC and you don't have a laptop available. And ask if they will have any PC's/laptops available for you to use for your presentation, with Python pre-installed. That way you might just need to bring your script/application on a USB stick. Which might be even more convenient!

Staff online