I want to compile some code on a Linux ARM machine and then pack it into an easier to use installer. (Please suggest a resource to read)

didymus

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I just got a PinePhone. There are a couple apps that are open source that I'd really like to use on the phone and I'm sure others would like to as well. I want to learn how to create an installer package from the compiled code. Can you please suggest to me a good resource to read about this?

The first one I want to do is BitWarden, but then eventually I'd really like to make something that sets up your ProtonMail account mobile linux access. After that there are a few hacking and OSINT tools I want to do something similar with. It's just a process that will really help me to learn and understand. I'm decent at figuring out things via internet searchs, but I want to ask here for a quality resource because I know someone reading this will have one.

Honestly, I am not even really sure what this process is called. Packaging? Also, I'm just *assuming* that is what installers are, pre-compiled code that sets itself up with a little script and moves whatever files around.

I've done a bit of coding, but it's all been web apps. Never any operating system type stuff and never any actual installers. That's one of the aspects of fulling rolling something out from code to product that I don't actually know much about.

I'd definitely prefer to use open source software for this as well.

Thank you!

If I'm not mistaken you would use C++ to build if your running Linux.
Not sure on Windows.
I think our member JasKinasis would know more about what you are trying to build.

Here's instructions for Bitwarden:

Members online

Latest posts