Install command

Darmi

Reaction score
Credits

Hello, I'm new to Linux, I have seen a video, how to put linux on phone, so I did it, and it started(I use ubuntu). I wanted to install chrome on it, so I watched some tutorial, and tried this command in terminal "sudo apt-get install https://uloz.to/file/G8b6dNnIp6or/google-chrome-stable-current-amd64-deb?do=slowDirectDownload", it started it, but then it said some errors. I would like to know, how to fix the error, and install chrome (btw the command is, what I got from tutorials, and the link there is direct download link). Thank you!

A phone is not a pc, on a phone you have another processor architecture (armv7 etc.) then in the desktop (amd64 etc.). Packages for the desktop don't work on a phone, that's why you get an error. You can install the open source version of Chrome, chromium, from package repos of your distribution on your phone.

A phone is not a pc, on a phone you have another processor architecture (armv7 etc.) then in the desktop (amd64 etc.). Packages for the desktop don't work on a phone, that's why you get an error. You can install the open source version of Chrome, chromium, from package repos of your distribution on your phone.
Ok, so now I have installled chromium browser, allowed it to be used by everyone in properties, but it still doesn't work. Please tell me, how to fix that. Thanks!

Ok, so now I have installled chromium browser, allowed it to be used by everyone in properties, but it still doesn't work. Please tell me, how to fix that. Thanks!
By still doesn't work do you mean it won't launch?

Give details please.

When I double click it, or right click it, and click "run", it just dissapeares, and it doesn't do anything

When I double click it, or right click it, and click "run", it just dissapeares, and it doesn't do anything
That sounds like it's missing some libraries/ other packages that it needs.

Have you updated your Ubuntu since you installed it?
Use the "Update Manager first" before using the terminal to update.

One more question:

Did you install Chrome by using the terminal or did you use the Software Boutique?

I used terminal
Ok

Update your system.
Than see if Chrome will launch.

IF it won't launch than remove Chrome via the terminal.

sudo apt-get purge google-chrome-stable
sudo apt-get autoremove

Than use the Software Boutique to install Chrome.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts