Installing icloudpd

kevinmatth

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to install the icloudpd tool and when I check the status it says it is good

~/icloud_photos_downloader (master)> git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean

In the readme file it says to use the command

icloudpd --help

when I do this it says:

icloudpd: command not found

I don't know how to use the icloudpd command?

First I ran
git clone https://github.com/icloud-photos-downlo ... loader.git

the readme says:

"Install and Run
There are three ways to run icloudpd:

1. Download executable for your platform from the Github Releases and run it
2. Use package manager to install, update, and, in some cases, run (Docker, PyPI, AUR, Experimental: Npm)
3. Build and run from the source"

Everything went good and put the repository on my machine. I can't figure out what to do next. I think I am supposed to cd into where the repository was added and run a make command or something to fully install the tool?

Here is the output:

kl@macmode ~> cd Documents/clones
kl@macmode ~/D/clones> ls
icloud_photos_downloader
kl@macmode ~/D/clones> make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
kl@macmode ~/D/clones [2]>

First off, I'm new to the Linux world. Secondly, I have never heard of that program. I was bored and went looking for what it did. In the process, I ran across a post on reddit where the poster was having issues. Here is a quote from that post (that person is using Docker)
Ok, so turns out my problem was that I was not inside the virtual environment first.
Maybe that will give you some insight as to your issue. And maybe it won't. If not, someone with much more knowledge than me will come along soon.

Consider letting others here know what you did to get things working for you. In the little research I did, it didn't seem there was a whole lot of help out there.

Glad you got it figured out though.

I appreciate the effort. I figured it out finally.
You could have just downloaded the Linux binary from the releases, place somewhere in your path and make it executable an run it.
But it looks like you just needed to run one of the build scripts in the scripts directory.

You could have just downloaded the Linux binary from the releases, place somewhere in your path and make it executable an run it.
But it looks like you just needed to run one of the build scripts in the scripts directory.
Exactly what I did. I couldn't figure out what to do at first but finally discovered what you said placing the files in my $PATH and run it.

Staff online