Internet Browsers on mintOS 20.1 which im struggling getting.

Reaction score
Credits
I was wondering if anyone knows by experiance if one can have Gnu Icecat browser, Waterfox & Librewolf Browsers as .deb files ?

As far as I know all those browsers are based on Firefox they do not have deb files to install - you would have to create the deb file

In 12 years of running Linux I can't say that I have seen any browser offered as a .deb file.

In 12 years of running Linux I can't say that I have seen any browser offered as a .deb file.

Opera, Google Chrome, and Vivaldi - to name a few.

Opera, Google Chrome, and Vivaldi - to name a few.
Thanks KGIII I didn't know those browser were available as .deb's.
Heck, had I known that I would of had Opera by now:-

Just found Opera for my Debian box!

Brave has a Mint repo:

Lots of browser choices.

Thanks KGIII I didn't know those browser were available as .deb's.

The downloads folder on this particular device suggests that Min and Wexond are also available in .deb format. I'm pretty sure Microsoft's Edge browser is also in .deb format.

As for Opera, I used to use Opera back in the day. I still sometimes use it. Way back when, I used to pay for it.

If for some strange reason you really want Icecat just download it from:

unzip and you are good to go. But it was last updated on 2019-06-02. I wouldn't recommend using it.

If you are running Gnome you might take a look at Eolie:

For KDE I would suggest Falkon: released 19 March 2019

Anyway we have veered away from what the OP asked.

Other than Chromium, Firefox, LIbreWolf and Tor Browser, Personally I wouldn't mess with any other browsers. Other than as a curiosity, to see what they look and feel like.

Last edited:
I use Opera and Vivaldi every day as my Browsers of choice they can be downloaded as .deb's and install quite easily with gdebi. Work well.

Members online

Latest posts