Solved iptables packages

Solved issue

soolan

Reaction score
Credits
Hi

When I want to install iptables related packages, I get the following error. My server cannot go to the page with rpm packages, I have to break it with packages. What can I do - what am I doing wrong

Code:
rpm -qa | grep iptables
iptables-1.4.21-35.0.3.el7.x86_64

[root@general soolean]# rpm -ivh  iptables-services-1.4.21-35.0.1.el7.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        iptables = 1.4.21-35.0.1.el7 is needed by iptables-services-1.4.21-35.0.1.el7.x86_64

Code:
rpm -e iptables-1.4.21-35.0.3.el7.x86_64
error: Failed dependencies:
        iptables is needed by (installed) firewalld-0.6.3-13.0.1.el7_9.noarch
        iptables is needed by (installed) libvirt-daemon-driver-network-4.5.0-36.el7_9.5.x86_64
        iptables is needed by (installed) libvirt-daemon-driver-nwfilter-4.5.0-36.el7_9.5.x86_64

It's telling you that it's already installed.

yum list installed | grep iptables

I read on a page that not only iptables rpm is not enough, iptables-services and iptables-devel packages are also required, so I wanted to install them.

I have these packages on one of my servers, can I get these rpm packages from my installed server? Is there such a possibility?

I have these packages on one of my servers, can I get these rpm packages from my installed server? Is there such a possibility?

It depends on how they were installed. Did you use yum or dnf to install them from the internet?
Or were they installed from rpms?

If the rpms are still on your server, just scp them to the new server and install them.

If they aren't, you can download from the server that access to the internet.

yum install iptables iptables-services iptables-devel --downloadonly --downloaddir=.

That will download the rpms so you can transfer them to another computer, but usually this will download
several other rpm's that are dependencies. It's a LOT easier to do this if you are connected to the internet.

If it says these packages are already installed, change the command above slightly....

yum reinstall .... ( the rest of the command is the same as above )

It depends on how they were installed. Did you use yum or dnf to install them from the internet?
Or were they installed from rpms?

If the rpms are still on your server, just scp them to the new server and install them.

If they aren't, you can download from the server that access to the internet.

yum install iptables iptables-services iptables-devel --downloadonly --downloaddir=.

That will download the rpms so you can transfer them to another computer, but usually this will download
several other rpm's that are dependencies. It's a LOT easier to do this if you are connected to the internet.

If it says these packages are already installed, change the command above slightly....

yum reinstall .... ( the rest of the command is the same as above )
Perfect !

I have solved the problem.

Members online

Latest posts