Issues Uninstalling Apps, Persisting Problems

Not quite sure what you mean there.

If you've closed Terminal with exit, the output will be lost but you still have a command history.

I was just saying to look at the screenshot you had posted earlier.

Do you want me to list the commands to take next?

Code:
sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.zoom

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.cache/.zoom

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.config/zoom*

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.var/app/us.zoom.Zoom

That'll do for starters.

...Zoom may have done some voodoo so we'll save having to repeat ourselves....

I'm really appreciating Linux right now and really glad I switched. I can't imaging how long it would have taken to find unwanted Zoom files on my computer if I was still chained to the Giant. It was relatively easy to stumble on this by myself. I know where to look for some things left behind by the Giant, or other apps, but there's always more...

When that is finished (lines with a # at beginning are my comments, not commands)

Code:
# the below will update the locate database, and it will take a few seconds

sudo updatedb

locate zoom

Code:
sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.zoom

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.cache/.zoom

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.config/zoom*

sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.var/app/us.zoom.Zoom

That'll do for starters.
Give me a couple of minutes. The cats are SHEDDING a lot this time of year. So much so that enough is stuck in my keyboard and one of the keys gets stuck in the down position. I looked up at the screen to see 'd' filling up the screen of a document! Just got to pry it out after turning off my keyboard.

Show us a screenie of the locate output when it has completed, or if it is short enough, in GNOME Terminal menu choose Edit - Select All and copy/paste the output.

I'm not sure exactly what the first command does. I entered it again when I wasn't sure I got everything right.

This what comes up with sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.zoom

herri@Booh-Kitty:~$ sudo rm -R /home/sherri/.zoom
[sudo] password for sherri:
rm: cannot remove '/home/sherri/.zoom': No such file or directory
sherri@Booh-Kitty:~$

Give me a minute to orient myself. Choking on noodles... scrolling up and down the screen... getting a little confused...

That's OK, you can leave that one for now and try the rest

out of curiosity, I entered 'locate zoom' again in a different window. Still loads of files their.

You need to run

sudo updatedb first.
After these initial lines, it starts showing the TimeShift extension.
That's OK, they simply indicate the LibreOffice caters to Zoom.

OK, repeat the commands with a / at the end

When that is finished (lines with a # at beginning are my comments, not commands)

Code:
# the below will update the locate database, and it will take a few seconds

sudo updatedb

locate zoom

Hold on.... I missed this one...

Just so we're on the same page, I just entered the last command... Now I will add the '/' to all the previous commands

1719373144078.png

I'm not sure I'm entering things correctly or if there is a problem. I just continued with commands and pretty much keep getting the same stuff.

1719373545229.png

You can leave it at that, if you wish

You need a space between -R and /home

Members online