Solved JavaScript Query.

Solved issue

wm460

Reaction score
Credits
Now the I am up and running, I get this message at the top of the page.

JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

While I was searching I came across this site.

According to the site my javascript is enabled but the forum says it is not.
At the top of the setting page I have this message.

Information
Your browser is being managed by your organisation.

Who is my organization?

Morning Mark, long time no see ;)

Information
Your browser is being managed by your organisation.

So's mine, it's a standard message.

Linux has alternatives to Javascript, which provides security issues sometimes.

If you search

linux firefox do i need javascript

you'll find some reading, and if you feel a need for JS, there is this

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-javascript/firefox

I'm in and out of some distros running updates and Timeshift snapshots but I'll be around much of the day.

Cheers

Wiz

G'Day Mate, Hows things at your end?
I should be out in the shed working but I am sitting here trying to work this out.
Using that webpage my settings tell me that javascript is enabled.
I found that I can not use my email as it tells me "Please enable JavaScript to experience the full functionality "
What are the Linux has alternatives?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 12-28-34 Advanced Preferences.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 12-28-34 Advanced Preferences.png
    6 KB · Views: 23
Did you install NoScript, Mark ?

Yes I did.

Brian @Condobloke is likely better than me on email.

I am booting in and out a bit, but you could let him know what email client you are using, eg gmail, Thunderbird or other.

I have mail.com.
I was looking at Proton mail in the software manager not sure which is best.

Yes have ublock Origin and No Script

OK if you go to your mail.com tab, hold your mouse over the Ublock and see if it displays any number of items blocked. If so, click on it and you can tweak those.

Brian could be picking up his wife from work but he'll be around the traps soon.

Says 1 blocked on this page.
No Script says blocked 4.

Does the mail.com page look dysfunctional eg missing icons, functions &c eg not looking like it usually does?

You could try sending yourself an email with an attachment and see how you fare.

That's possibly all my ideas for now, until someone else happens along.

Just another thought while I am updating here - you would likely have access to a webmail service with Aussie Broadband, have you ever tried using that?

I haven't set mine up because I used Thunderbird for years and the last few years exclusively gmail.com

The lads and lasses at Aussie I find very helpful. If you are talking with them, know that Firefox, while free and open source software, is not actually GNU/Linux, just cross-platform (Linux, Mac, Windows &c) and works well for us for the most part.

When I try to log in it tells me, Javascript is disabled in your browser.
In the reply area all the icons etc are gone just a blank square.
had no problem when I was on the userd logon area.

Just another thought while I am updating here - you would likely have access to a webmail service with Aussie Broadband, have you ever tried using that?

I haven't set mine up because I used Thunderbird for years and the last few years exclusively gmail.com

The lads and lasses at Aussie I find very helpful. If you are talking with them, know that Firefox, while free and open source software, is not actually GNU/Linux, just cross-platform (Linux, Mac, Windows &c) and works well for us for the most part.
I didn’t know Aussie had a webmail service.
I did have a proton mail account but when I changed phones I stuffed up with the password or some thing.
Tried the Tuta in Brian’s post you sent me the link.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 22
This is what I get when I try to logon it tells me that Javascript is disabled in your browser.

Attachments

• IMG_1660.jpeg
    IMG_1660.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 23
Mmmm, beyond my paygrade, I'm afraid.

Someone will lob in with ideas.

In the meantime, you could log out of the mark user account and into the userd account as a workaround, just temporary until someone gets you sorted.

Log out of linux.org if you think you might need to use it from there.

Just brainstorming.

Thanks, Just wondering if I get rid of the U Block, of course it probably something simple.
when I click on it says this.

Blocked since install5,993 (22%)

Situation normal on userd

Ublock says it has Blocked since install22,270 (17%)

I have been incommunicado

Open noscript, find the settings and either disable javascript there or get rid of noscript completely

Last edited:

Staff online