Kali Grub issue (cant boot kali )

DrAmyReaper

Reaction score
Credits
Im currently trying to install kali linux (well actually i want to boot it from a usb drive and acess to my windows file from it) but i can't even boot the installer i keep booting on GRUB v.2.06-13 but every time i type "ls" i get this:
(memdisk) (hd0) (hd1) (hd2) (hd3) (hd4)
pls help me

Dr. Amy Reaper

Im currently trying to install kali linux (well actually i want to boot it from a usb drive and acess to my windows file from it
if you are not an experienced Linux user then you should not be using Kali, if you just want to rescue files and folders from windows you can use any Linux

Lol! Learn to walk before trying to run! Use a general purpose distro, not a 'pro' version. ;)

1- Ok i prepared the .iso with rufus
2- Wiz wich linux would be better for collecting the hashes on a Windows partition (preferly the most user friendly)
And i did try Ubuntu and Mint so im not that bad at linux i just cant boot Kali

Kali is a pig at times and so is Pop, You could try any distribution, my personal favourites are Mint LMDE, Parrot Home edition, Debian with additional driver pack, and MX. having said that I do not recommend distributions, I only suggest, the choice at the end of the day is yours and yours alone.

Why Linux fails to load/install , common reasons
1] Corrupt download [check SHA sum]
2] bad burn to installation medium [try again] [if you used Rufus then try Balina-etcher]
3] Wind 8.2 and higher quick start/fast boot or secure boot not disabled [doesn't normally apply to older versions]
4] defective pen-drive/dvd
5] hardware fault,
5A] If old style HDD run integrity check
5B]if SATA SSD check for hidden partition at the beginning of drive [this will stop Grub from loading] and delete it before re-installing Linux
If M2.NVMe check, your system is NVMe compatible [not all older kit is]

Last edited: