Laptop not boot after updates

satan2.0

Reaction score
Credits
20210519_220407.jpg

you don't say WHICH operating distro you have installed.
assuming its Ubuntu based, switch on whilst jiggling right hand shift key
this should open the grub boot menu, use down arrow to highlight "" Fix broken packages""And enter ! when asked say yes
this i have found normally fixes things

Bwiz

Trying booting into the previous kernel and then reinstalling the new kernel and then try booting into the new kernel again.

you don't say WHICH operating distro you have installed.
assuming its Ubuntu based, switch on whilst jiggling right hand shift key
this should open the grub boot menu, use down arrow to highlight "" Fix broken packages""And enter ! when asked say yes
this i have found normally fixes things

Bwiz

thx mate, will try this

Trying booting into the previous kernel and then reinstalling the new kernel and then try booting into the new kernel again.

I am a windows user and Igotta google what and how to do what u said and will proceed to try this in case brickwiz advice isnt applicable in this case

When you boot your system, you should get a grub menu. There you can select which kernel you want to boot from, usually you should have at least 2 options to boot from. If booting from the top one causes a kernel panic try booting from the previous one, so the one before that and than see what happens. It would help if you could share which Linux distribution you installed?

Staff online

Members online