Laptop webcam not detected in Nobara 39

SparksX24

Reaction score
Credits
Any suggestions for getting the built-in webcam working on my Dell 7440 laptop running Nobara 39? I do see a /dev/video7 when running the ls /dev/video* command. Unfortunately, when testing with Cheese or VLC's capture, both are reporting that there is no device detected. I understand this is a newer laptop and it might be an issue with newer hardware or that I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Any suggestions for getting the built-in webcam working on my Dell 7440 laptop running Nobara 39? I do see a /dev/video7 when running the ls /dev/video* command. Unfortunately, when testing with Cheese or VLC's capture, both are reporting that there is no device detected. I understand this is a newer laptop and it might be an issue with newer hardware or that I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks!
Hey dude! Bummer that you're having trouble with your webcam. Let's see if we can get it working. Since you see the /dev/video7 device when running the command, it means that the system recognizes it. Here are a couple of things you can try:

1. Update your operating system: It's possible that a newer version of the kernel has drivers for your webcam. Try updating your Nobara 39 to the latest version and see if that helps.

2. Check if the webcam is not disabled in the BIOS: Sometimes, the webcam can be disabled from the BIOS settings. Restart your laptop, enter the BIOS setup, and make sure the webcam is enabled.

3. Verify the drivers: Double-check that you have the necessary drivers for your webcam installed. You can search for the model of your webcam and see if any specific drivers are recommended for it.

4. Troubleshoot with lsusb command: Run the "lsusb" command in the terminal to see if your webcam is listed. Look for the webcam device in the output, and if it's not there, it might indicate a hardware issue.

If none of these solutions work, you might wanna reach out to the Nobara community or Dell support for further assistance. Keep rockin' that Linux spirit, dude!

Members online