Learning embedded linux

selvak16

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys, Im a beginner in Linux but done programming ARM 32 bit controller and developed device driver for it but don't know where to start learning embedded linux. I want to know how to build a customized linux and run it in a single board computer. Any resource or book would be helpful.

If you want to make your own GNU/Linux distro the best place to start is LFS

Can you suggest me any online tutorial to learn embedded linux using Beagle bone black board, thank you and also can i use raspberry pi to learn LFS because i dont want to crash my laptop.

Can you suggest me any online tutorial to learn embedded linux using Beagle bone black board, thank you and also can i use raspberry pi to learn LFS because i dont want to crash my laptop.
Here you go. Please try using a search engine first next time ;)

Last edited:
Also, if you don't want to 'crash your laptop' then you might want to install VirtualBox and use that to test and learn. It'll probably be much easier that way, though it does limit the hardware you can virtualize.

Thank you, bro. I already came across this tutorial but having doubt if this tutorial is worth it.
I have purchased several courses from Udemy myself as well. As long as you buy courses with at least 1000 4 star ratings which have at least 1000 students you should be good, so this course should be worth it. When I know nothing about a certain topic, I google it myself first. Which is what I did when you asked about advice on a tutorial/class/howto on this subject.

Last edited:
I have purchased several courses from Udemy myself as well. As long as you buy courses with at least 1000 4 star ratings which have at least 1000 students you should be good, so this course should be worth it. When I know nothing about a certain topic, I google it myself first. Which is what I did when you asked about advice on a tutorial/class/howto on this subject.
Thank you for the good help, never thought that this forum would be very helpful

Members online