Linux black screen before login

Light_7

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys
I have been using Linux as a host machine now. I just encountered this problem. After update my kernel to the latest version, my computer goes black screen when booting. It goes black screen even before the login page will appear. To resolve this I only have to select an older kernel version to boot from the grub menu. I have been using this for a couple of days now and finally the system is unable to detect the Wi-Fi adapter and Bluetooth is not working as well. After typing rfkill list, I see the results in the attached document, trying to unblock it still doesn’t work. Please is there a solution to all my problems. I have about 3 issues now. I wanted to install a new Linux operating system but my USB drive can’t detect when I insert yet Hardware test says USB Passed. After a complete hardware test I realized I don’t have any issues with hardware because everything is passed. My pc is not old as well to worry me this way.
Hp pavilion(intel core i7 10th gen).

Can anyone please help me fix this issue, I’ll be much glad.

Attachments

• F324266B-27F4-4D4B-A2A0-E9BF84B0B5D1.jpeg
    F324266B-27F4-4D4B-A2A0-E9BF84B0B5D1.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 7A205659-3EDC-4376-87B5-368039B9376E.jpeg
    7A205659-3EDC-4376-87B5-368039B9376E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • 434E1E9F-2083-48BD-B2FE-FDD08B2DFDFD.jpeg
    434E1E9F-2083-48BD-B2FE-FDD08B2DFDFD.jpeg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 87

Welcome to the forums.

You might be better off using a different Linux distribution. Kali Linux is not for the light-of-heart and for the inexperienced.

In the least you should put another distro into an USB disk to plug in, just like in the manner you're expected to use Kali Linux. Check out a different distro to see if you still have the problems with Bluetooth and Wifi. This is to determine if it's a hardware problem, or if it requires a special configuration fix.

Well your comment suggests that the izsue is in kernel.
Which kernel do you use? There was a commit that messed up wirelss on some systems (wifi: cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use).
If you can keep previous kernel going make it default, ask distro devs for opinion.
It would be too early to switch disrto.

Well your comment suggests that the izsue is in kernel.
Which kernel do you use? There was a commit that messed up wirelss on some systems (wifi: cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use).
If you can keep previous kernel going make it default, ask distro devs for opinion.
It would be too early to switch disrto.
Thank you so much @Aristarchus. My current Kernel was part of the screenshots. However I really appreciate the time you took to reply

Moving this to Kali Linux.

Good luck.

Wizard

Members online