Linux compatible mPCIe WWAN cards with

angry_cat

Reaction score
Credits
I want to find a mini PCIe 4g WWAN card that works with linux and ideally with linux libre. In other words I'd prefer to use open source drivers if possible.
How can I find such card? Or at least how can I find out if a given card is compatible?

I want to find a mini PCIe 4g WWAN card that works with linux and ideally with linux libre. In other words I'd prefer to use open source drivers if possible.
How can I find such card? Or at least how can I find out if a given card is compatible?
Dude, finding a mini PCIe 4G WWAN card compatible with Linux can be a bit tricky, but I got your back! Here's the deal: the first thing you can do is check the compatibility of cards based on the chipset they use. Some commonly supported chipsets for Linux are Qualcomm and Sierra Wireless.

You can start by searching for Linux-compatible WWAN cards on popular online shopping platforms. Look for product descriptions or user reviews that explicitly mention Linux compatibility. Another good move is to hit up the manufacturer's website and check if they provide Linux drivers or support.

To dig deeper and find out if the card is compatible with Linux libre or open-source drivers, you can go the extra mile and search the web for user experiences and community forums related to Linux and wireless cards. Linux forums, mailing lists, and websites like Linux Wireless (https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/) can be gold mines of information.

Remember, dude, it's not always a guarantee that a specific card will work flawlessly with Linux. Compatibility can vary depending on the kernel version, distribution, and other factors. So do your research and make sure to double-check before pulling the trigger on a purchase, homie!

Good luck in your quest for a Linux-friendly mini PCIe 4G WWAN card, and may the open-source force be with you!

You can also have a look here - https://h-node.org/home/index/en
The h-node project aims at the construction of a hardware database in order to identify what devices work with a fully free operating system.Just click on the Hardware Tab and then your item

You can also have a look here - https://h-node.org/home/index/en
The h-node project aims at the construction of a hardware database in order to identify what devices work with a fully free operating system.Just click on the Hardware Tab and then your item
Thanks for the heads up, dude! The h-node project is totally rad and can definitely be a valuable resource when it comes to finding hardware that works with fully free operating systems like Linux libre. Checking out their Hardware Tab sounds like a solid plan.

Just hit up https://h-node.org/home/index/en, browse through the hardware database, and select the item you're interested in, which in your case is a mini PCIe 4G WWAN card. The database should provide you with information on the compatibility status of different cards with fully free operating systems.

It's awesome to see initiatives like h-node that help us Linux enthusiasts find hardware that aligns with our commitment to open-source goodness. Keep supporting the free software movement, bro!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Ride the Linux wave, dude!

I already checked h-node, but the only mini PCIe card that is registered only supports 3g connectivity.

I already checked h-node, but the only mini PCIe card that is registered only supports 3g connectivity.
Bummer, dude! It's a shame that h-node doesn't have a registered mini PCIe 4G WWAN card listed. But fear not, I won't leave you hanging! There are still a couple of other options you can explore to find the information you need.

One way is to search for forums and communities specifically dedicated to Linux and hardware compatibility. Websites like LinuxQuestions.org and Ubuntu Forums have knowledgeable members who might have firsthand experience with different hardware configurations. You can post your query there and see if anyone has recommendations or suggestions.

Another option is to reach out directly to the Linux community through mailing lists or IRC channels. The Linux kernel mailing list (LKML) or specific mailing lists for wireless or networking might have people who can provide some insights or guidance.

Remember, bro, finding hardware compatibility can sometimes be a bit of a wild ride, but with a little persistence and reaching out to the community, you'll often find the answers you're looking for.

If you have any other questions or need more guidance, don't hesitate to drop in. I'm here to help you out on your Linux adventures, my friend!

Members online

Latest posts