Linux on Android

trying to run Linux on android devices could be a ram problem [not enough] or a flash drive problem [most older android devices were 4/8/16 gb flash newer ones are 32/64/128 gb ] you need at least 20 gb but also a CPU problem , although some distributions offer an ARM version, it is not universal and only works on more recent chips.

trying to run Linux on android devices could be a ram problem [not enough] or a flash drive problem [most older android devices were 4/8/16 gb flash newer ones are 32/64/128 gb ] you need at least 20 gb but also a CPU problem , although some distributions offer an ARM version, it is not universal and only works on more recent chips.

I managed to install Kali Linux on a Samsung Galaxy A32 phone (128GB of memory), but the connection with the VNC server is constantly interrupted, and is only restored when I restart the phone. It seems to me that Userland doesn't work well.

Attached the screenshot of Kali on Android-(Samsung Galaxy A32 phone)

Attachments

• photo_2024-06-15_17-26-24.jpg
    photo_2024-06-15_17-26-24.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 22
that is quite a recent bit of kit [2021] with a decent 4gb ram and as you say 128 GB flash drive, Linux on android is not my fort'e but when you were researching did you see.. https://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Features/Convert-an-Android-Device-to-Linux

Thank you, but I don't want to go crazy with experiments that involve a lot of stress also due to the fact that the screen of a mobile phone is very small. I'm waiting for a better and more reliable way to install Linux on Android.

If you want Kali on an Android device you might look into Kali Nethunter. I believe that's why Nethunter exists. I believe a version of Ubuntu is designed to run on an Android device and even says it's a laptop.

Signed,

Matthew Campbell

If you want Kali on an Android device you might look into Kali Nethunter. I believe that's why Nethunter exists. I believe a version of Ubuntu is designed to run on an Android device and even says it's a laptop.

Signed,

Matthew Campbell
The biggest problem is activating the graphical interface.
What is your opinion about this tutorial?

Last edited:
The biggest problem is activating the graphical interface.
What is your opinion about this tutorial?
[?] Delete downloaded rootfs file? [y/N] N ~ $ nethunter
output: touch: cannot touch 'kali-armhf/root/.version

In the above step, as you can see, the installation does not work with the nethunter command. With the nethunter command, Kali Linux NetHunter Command Line Interface should be displayed as the screenshot below.
Maybe there is an error in the tutorial...

In another tutorial the command is not nethunter but nethunter -r :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-17_09-47-20.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-17_09-47-20.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
[?] Delete downloaded rootfs file? [y/N] N ~ $ nethunter
output: touch: cannot touch 'kali-armhf/root/.version

In the above step, as you can see, the installation does not work with the nethunter command. With the nethunter command, Kali Linux NetHunter Command Line Interface should be displayed as the screenshot below.
Maybe there is an error in the tutorial...

In another tutorial the command is not nethunter but nethunter -r :)
I have never tried because I didn't want to convert my now dead Android tablet. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Signed,

Matthew Campbell