LinuxMInt 20.3 Cinnamon Install problem

Karl Richmond

Reaction score
Credits
Have been using LinuxMint o/s for years. Have a problem installing LinuxMint 20.3 Cinnamon on Dell Latitude E6420 laptop. The install stops with the following message: "completely removing ubinquity-ubuntu-artwork(AMD65). This has happened each time I try to do an install. PC has been running about 2 hours trying to do this install. Have 8 GB RAM and a 500 GB Toshiba HD. Have run Memtest86+ 5.01 on RAM and AOK. Ran the Seagate See Tools 2.2l Long test on HD and told HD AOK. I am at a loss as to next. I may try another fully tested HD. HELP

Hello @Karl Richmond welcome to the forum.
Than machine seems to have good specs only problem I see is it has an Nvidia GPU in addition to the Intel one which may cause problems. Did you check the download of the .iso? could be a bad download or burn and What software was used to burn the usb stick or DVD? Does it work in live mode?

Hello @Karl Richmond welcome to the forum.
Than machine seems to have good specs only problem I see is it has an Nvidia GPU in addition to the Intel one which may cause problems. Did you check the download of the .iso? could be a bad download or burn and What software was used to burn the usb stick or DVD? Does it work in live mode?
The USB stick has worked well on other laptop installs. My fellow tech used Ubuntu to prep this and other USP stick which all have worked nicely. At this moment... this darn thing hates me.

Have been using LinuxMint o/s for years. Have a problem installing LinuxMint 20.3 Cinnamon on Dell Latitude E6420 laptop. The install stops with the following message: "completely removing ubinquity-ubuntu-artwork(AMD65). This has happened each time I try to do an install. PC has been running about 2 hours trying to do this install. Have 8 GB RAM and a 500 GB Toshiba HD. Have run Memtest86+ 5.01 on RAM and AOK. Ran the Seagate See Tools 2.2l Long test on HD and told HD AOK. I am at a loss as to next. I may try another fully tested HD. HELP
Hey,

Maybe the ISO make Problems...

Try to install it again and verify the ISO - https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/verify.html

Members online

Latest posts