LTE Modem

Roibert

Reaction score
Credits
Dear Forum
I would like to connect a USB Modem to my PC.
Actually i can do via the use of USB to Serial port ( used for AT command), but this is used for low speed data transfer.
I read I can use the wwanx or ethx network
If I understand, the way to use this is via some protocol , such MBIM or QMI, using library libqmi or libmbim.
Question is: can suggest me some tutorial about this protocol....functions and how interface with them (via C++ is possible ???) . I woul like to develop a application in C++ , commanding some operation to the modem

Thanks for your reply and help
Roberto

Thansk for reply,
but this is not what I asked.
Anyway, thanks for time
Roberto

Question is: can suggest me some tutorial about this protocol....functions and how interface with them
These pages, libqmi and libmbim, provide links to documentation, API reference manuals, source code, and more. I would recommend that you join their developer mailing lists if you need more information. They will have much more knowledge on this subject. Good luck!

These are the set up instructions for an A.T.&T LTE modem as most LTE are made to the same/similar standards it should work,
NOTE the instructions are for Ubuntu distributions but should also work in any Debian based distro.
for further advice, you will need to see if one of our programming experts can help

Thanks for reply. Hope they have some simple code. Maybe the subject must be a secret because no tutorial on web :)

Thanks. I know this web site . It is only a description of what you can ..
Thanks anyway
Roberto

Members online