Making a question about which distro satisfy this post description requisites

ascampli

Reaction score
Credits
what is the best linux distro that dont ask you to create a user and password for enter to the OS desktop environment like tinycorelinux does but that lets you install google chrome(not chromium) in it, if you know a way to do it in tinycorelinux tell me how to do it ?

There is no such thing as the best distribution, only the one that is best for you, you can disable the need to log in either when setting up the installation, or through the settings once set up, Chrome can be installed on most Linux distributions and is relatively easy to set up on Debian based systems

@ascampli :-

Welcome to Linux.org.

I concur with m'colleague, Brickwizard; there is no such thing as a "best" Linux distro.......though that point has been argued till it's old'n'tired SO many times on so many different fora over the years that for most of us, our eyes glaze over when we see it.

The ideal way to put it is that the "best" one for you will be the one that you find easiest to use. And to find that "best" one usually involves the arcane Linux ritual known as "distro-hopping".....basically, trying out a bunch of distros to see what you like the look of. Can you understand stuff? Does your hardware "play nicely" with the kernel?.......etc., etc.

Personally, I use a lightweight distro called "Puppy" Linux, but I won't recommend this to newcomers; reason being that it doesn't operate along the same, standard lines as all the 'mainstream' distros do, so it's not a fair introduction to the ecosystem, because it's harder to switch away from it.

My "noobs" recommendation is like that of many; although I haven't used it for almost a decade, Linux 'Mint' fits the bill for an easy-to-comprehend, user-friendly distro for complete beginners. Many here run it, and most will be more than happy to share their experiences & to pass on tips & advice, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------

As for Chrome..? It'll run pretty much anywhere, once you know the way to install it (which can vary from distro to another). Apart from Chromium itself, which you've already said you don't want, have you tried any of the Chromium-based "clones".....like Opera, Vivaldi, SRWare's Iron browser, the Brave browser (and several others which I can't currently call to mind)?

All offer a Chrome-like experience, though the sad fact is that if you wish to sync with a Google a/c, these days it HAS to be Chrome itself or nothing. Many of the others used to be able to do so, but after Google deprecated that ability last year, no longer....

Mike. ;)

I would dual boot Puppy with antiX.

For G Chrome in antiX, try to add these lines in /etc/fstab - if you have speed issue
## Mount your browser's cache to RAM
tmpfs /home/USERNAME/.cache/google-chrome tmpfs rw,nodev,nosuid,size=1G 0 0
## Mount tmp and log directories to RAM
tmpfs /var/log tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=0755 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
tmpfs /var/tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0