Malware and Computer Virus experiences?

Reaction score
Credits
I've only had to deal with a computer virus twice before but how Malware and Viruses work and other people's experiences with them and how they dealt with them fascinate me. so..anybody here have any experiences with viruses or malware they'd like to share?

IME, what you speak of I left behind in 2010 when I left Windows. I am using it now because I have not gotten my new used Lenovo ThinkPad X260 configured yet. So, I have to use it for the time being.

Email at Protonmail was hacked three times. I left them after the last incident. Smartphones were hacked twice. I no longer use them.

I haven't dealt with malware in a long time. Even the final years of using Windows, I didn't bother with an AV application - but I did use a pretty strict software firewall or, depending on the era, a SOHO hardware firewall.

A nice idea for an article at Linux Tips is ''how to enable nftables on Debian'' have in mind for future articles

Last edited:
The last tome I caught anything nasty, was pre 2001 when I ditch windows for online use, I finally ditch m$ for my own use altogether around 2009, although I have kept one drive which still has W8 for visitors to use, if that gets corrupted then they will have to learn Linux if they want to use a computer when visiting.
None of my linux distributions have AV, I do have a firewall, and my browser security is set for strict

I don't have any experience with viruses since switching to Linux because I don't get any.
m1211.gif

There are two ways (?) to live with Windows:
Code:
Real Windows
 Create and keep data on a D: drive , clone the C:
 when things act up, wipe C:
Run them in VM, don't forget to export the OVA & keep it safe somewhere
I hate Win, but sometimes it's a 'mal necessaire'.

Members online