Migration to Git

Techforay

Reaction score
Credits
I received an email saying "We are proud to announce that the migration to Git packaging succeeded! ". I am new to linux. Can someone tell me what this is in reference to.

What distribution are you running?

Can someone tell me what this is in reference to.

Are you on someone's mailing list, say someone that just moved their code repository to GIT and has done so successfully?

The first thing I'd do is check the email address to see where it came from - and then follow any links to see what code they're talking about. Or I'd just toss it in the trash... Probably the latter, really. I get way too many emails.

That's a pretty good guess. My next guess was gonna be aliens.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that Arch wouldn't keep doing their own thing and moved to Git. It's probably a lot less expensive than hosting it themselves, though surely they have a sponsor who provides all that.

Entirely unrelated, I was once pretty efficient with SVN. I don't think that's as widely used today, but I digress.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that Arch wouldn't keep doing their own thing and moved to Git. It's probably a lot less expensive than hosting it themselves, though surely they have a sponsor who provides all that.

Entirely unrelated, I was once pretty efficient with SVN. I don't think that's as widely used today, but I digress.
Yeah that was it, they were using SVN before. They migrated to their own self-hosted Gitlab instance.

I got an email once saying your package is ready to be collected.
m1251.gif

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts