Mint 22 beta

I gave it a run in Live mode....seemed ok....I didnt have much time to spend with it

When I have time, I will install it fully to a spare ssd.....and spend a bit more time with it.

It's performance will change quite a bit between now and when the final release is made.

I am sometimes wary of downloads from sites other than the linuxmint.com site

I gave it a run in Live mode....seemed ok....I didnt have much time to spend with it

When I have time, I will install it fully to a spare ssd.....and spend a bit more time with it.

It's performance will change quite a bit between now and when the final release is made.

I am sometimes wary of downloads from sites other than the linuxmint.com site
I might give it a run in live tomorrow. For an install i will wait for Mint to put it up.

I also gave it a spin in live mode. Looked good but haven't installed it yet. So maybe next week will install to real hardware.

BTW I note that the Beta has not appeared on DistroWatch yet.

I'll qualify that, I notice you were asking after it at Linux Mint Community.

Did they provide the NLUUG reference?

Checked on mine:

2024-07-01_16-54.png

Brian if you get time can you give us

Code:
cat /etc/*release

?

That may work on the iso.

I will go there now. It will be in the form of a photo

IMG_2779.jpg

Someone mentioned to me that there was a new app named Matrix......and sure enough it is there !

Very strange

IMG_2780.jpg

Ta for that bro'

Well, the Ubuntu codename is Noble, so that matches 24.04

I wonder if it is a bug in a legit Beta that is reporting Jammy in terms of what the inxi output is picking up?

I guess we wait and see.

My last input for the evening is as follows:

1. I went to the NLUUG site Dave referenced. There, I opened the link to the shasum algorithms, and they had 256 for Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce.
2. I post them in my search engine and the only result I got was for a Reddit thread here
3. In that thread someone else posted a link to another Netherlands site here
https://linuxmint.mirror.liteserver.nl/testing/
4. I checked its shasums and they were the same, they matched.

That being said, I find it unusual that the only references I can see for the Beta being available are two sites from Netherlands.

I will hope for clarification on my tomorrow.

Cheers

Wiz

That being said, I find it unusual that the only references I can see for the Beta being available are two sites from Netherlands.
Amen. Someone somewhere has been doing some fiddling, methinks.

Ye, Disreguard that site, It is a beta , but not the official one and does not have everything. I only tried it live and it worked ok , but had a lot of stuff missing. -- Clem will announce the official beta when it's ready on DW and in the Mint Forums.
Thank Wiz for letting me know.

Thank Wiz for letting me know.

@noelw gets the kudos, he showed Brian and me the inxi output in his thread "My Mistake"

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

I'm disappointed that mint 22 is still in unstable version for Wayland!