MOK/ Secure boot problem

vico_righthere

Reaction score
Credits
Hello!

After installation, the message "Perform MOK Management" will appear. Here I select "Enroll MOK" in order to be able to use third party software in the future. So far so good. Then I try to enter the password specified in the secure boot section during the installation, but nothing happens. the keyboard just doesn't work. I tried to reinstall about 5 times, I entered the passwords correctly, but it said wrong password when I pressed enter. Someone help me please. It does not allow the video card driver to be installed this way either.

I literally just had a problem something like this. My problem had to do with a network driver, secure boot and MOK keys.

I disabled secure boot. Now I don't have any problems. I'm not suggesting that disabling Secure Boot is the best way to fix a problem, but I can connect to wireless networks again.

Another thing to consider is whether or not there are any password locks on your hard drive/SSD or locks in UEFI settings. Some PCs are shipped out with settings in UEFI that prevent us from doing some things.

I would look around in BIOS and check out the security measures that your manufacturer usually makes.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

It will probably be useful to share what distribution you are using and what gpu does your system have?

It will probably be useful to share what distribution you are using and what gpu does your system have?
Ubuntu, the video card doesn't matter, I just gave it as an example, I can't install any third-party drivers because, as I wrote: I can't enter the password

Ubuntu, the video card doesn't matter, I just gave it as an example, I can't install any third-party drivers because, as I wrote: I can't enter the password
I was asking because Nvidia doesn't play well with secure boot if you don't sign the drivers. Try a shorter password?

Hello!

After installation, the message "Perform MOK Management" will appear. Here I select "Enroll MOK" in order to be able to use third party software in the future. So far so good. Then I try to enter the password specified in the secure boot section during the installation, but nothing happens. the keyboard just doesn't work. I tried to reinstall about 5 times, I entered the passwords correctly, but it said wrong password when I pressed enter. Someone help me please. It does not allow the video card driver to be installed this way either.
Which motherboard do you have?
Do you by any change have an MSI motherboard?

Members online

Latest posts