Most secure Linux that works well out of the box with Vmware Workstation.

aoib578

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,

I need your advise please on the most secure Linux that works well out of the box with Vmware Workstation.

I've been using Linux Kodachi so far, which is an amazing distro! But their latest release is having problems on vmware workstation.
The maintenance on this distro is done by the creator itself (so i know he has a lot of work on his shoulders).

- LPS Linux is not an option, because the copy paste does not work out of the box, and i don't want to set anything up with the vmware tools (as i commonly "clean install" the distros when they start having problems).
- Tails copy paste also does not work out of the box. I can install the vmware tools and see if that solves the problem. But i think i recall Tails community not recommending doing this. The distro is meant to be used as it is; out of the box.
- Ubuntu is not secure, so not an option for me!
- Qubes doesn't work well with vmware workstation!

I have in mind Kali Linux but really want your expert advise here.

Please don't comment on Ubuntu's security, or reply without "hands on knowledge" on security; or secure linux distros.

PS: Yes i know Tails etc should be used on a USB stick and booted (for max security). But i need vmware workstation for my purposes.

Thank you!

Red Hat and SuSE Enterprise are the two RSA approved.
Ubuntu is RSA certified.

Last edited:
VMware® Workstation 16 Pro
Version: 16.2.1 build-18811642

You?
May not work for you in VMware but shouldn't say it doesn't work out the box. I run Tails from a thumb drive.

Yes they are - they have been online a couple of years now - personally I have not had any issues

Members online