need help installing adb and fastboot on debian

InvaderSumo

Reaction score
Credits
In the future i plan on rooting my Moto G Power (2022) and in oder to do that i need to install ADB and FASTBOOT... does anybody know how to go abouts installing that on debian 12 without messing anything up?

i already have Android Studio installed if that helps, ik it has java installed on it...

Last edited:

Be careful rooting your phone.
My Linux master turned his tablet into a brick trying to install Debian on it.

You'll have to unlock the bootloader unless I am mistaken. See the link below.
Here's the instruction for Ubuntu Touch on Android.
HTH

Be careful rooting your phone.
My Linux master turned his tablet into a brick trying to install Debian on it.

You'll have to unlock the bootloader unless I am mistaken. See the link below.
Here's the instruction for Ubuntu Touch on Android.
HTH

im not tryiing to install debian on my android. i was going to attempt to root my second android with only has 3gb of ram. its a moto g pure... first gotta figure out why i cant enable oem unlocking on it. heres what ive noticed tho.... all cell phones that come carrier unlcoked(example being able to put any sim card into it and use the cell service.) all of those phone can just go into dev options and enable oem unclock and can theirfore unlock the bootloader. but any phone thats not carrier unlocked. the oem unlock switch is always greyed out. dont know why but would definitley know a work around for that also if anyone knows... even tho its not related to linux os on pc's lmao android is linux tho soo

*** edit im now able to use the oem switch on my g pure now.. so now its time to go ham on this second phone

any chance you could send me the commands to flash a boot image. ive laredy unlocked the boot loader with fastboot. and i have all the right files downloaded. just dont know to point fastboot torwards the .img file i want to flash to my phone

any help instructing me on what commands that need to be used in order to flash the boot image with fast boot? specifically. how do i get fastboot to flash the img file ive downloaded?

any help instructing me on what commands that need to be used in order to flash the boot image with fast boot? specifically. how do i get fastboot to flash the img file ive downloaded?
I'll have to look in the Android Forum and ask around.
IDK offhand what the commands are.

PS dont buy a branded phone if someone ever plans on rooting it and flashing boot loader because they have it locked down

You can buy unlocked phones, especially on the used market.

I have a weird sister who has done so. She then roots them and puts a different OS on them, or has in the past. She does all of her 'computer things' on her phone. She even wrote a novel on her phone but did so back when smartphones started appearing.

i kind of gave up on it now.... PS dont buy a branded phone if someone ever plans on rooting it and flashing boot loader because they have it locked down
There is a way to get around the locked down issue I just don't know how at this time.

What grinds my gears is that it's your phone and you purchased it....as the owner you should be able to do as you wish with your investment.
Is returning the phone for a refund an option <or> has it been too long?

I have a weird sister who has done so. She then roots them and puts a different OS on them, or has in the past. She does all of her 'computer things' on her phone. She even wrote a novel on her phone but did so back when smartphones started appearing.
Very cool skill your sister has.
I can see where that kind of expertise could pay off in the future.

I have a weird sister who has done so. She then roots them and puts a different OS on them, or has in the past. She does all of her 'computer things' on her phone. She even wrote a novel on her phone but did so back when smartphones started appea

There is a way to get around the locked down issue I just don't know how at this time.

What grinds my gears is that it's your phone and you purchased it....as the owner you should be able to do as you wish with your investment.
Is returning the phone for a refund an option <or> has it been too long?
way too long lmao, and yeah I agree. But some people live in a fairy tale world and think other wise. before we know it. people will be saying they are our phones and that they're the ones who control them. that's until cell phones begin to get smashed into billions of pieces.

Very cool skill your sister has.

She sent me a copy and I had a printer publish a half dozen copies so that she could give them away.

I never actually read the book. No, no... I did skim parts of it but I never read it. (She wasn't expecting me to read it.)

She sent me a copy and I had a printer publish a half dozen copies so that she could give them away.

I never actually read the book. No, no... I did skim parts of it but I never read it. (She wasn't expecting me to read it.)
Is it available for purchase?

Is it available for purchase?

Not that I know of. It does have an official ISBN assigned to it, but I don't recall that number. I do not believe she's ever put it up for sale. I just had some copies printed by one of those online print to ship companies, including making them hardback. It was a gift to her so that she could give copies away to friends and have a copy for herself.

Anyhow, back on topic, I'm not fluent with all the choices but there are a variety of choice operating systems one can use instead of the stock Android they get with their provider. You do need an unlocked phone or the ability to unlock your phone - and that means unlocking the bootloader, not just unlocking it so that it can be used on different providers. You can find unlocked phones for sale but that's about where my personal experience ends.

Staff online

Members online