Newb, Pages suddenly cut out ?

2gangvc

Reaction score
Credits
Linux mint 19.3 , very strange , the pages suddenly cut out and it reverts back to the screensaver and the icons , it will freeze on youtube too then maybe cut out is this a problem with the system or the poor rural internet connection ?. is it the cache ?. Do i need a clear out ?.
Is it time to upgrade ?.

Linux Mint 19 reached End of Life several months ago, you should be using the most recent versions of 20 or 21.
You should upgrade before the end of life of the version you are running, so you will probably need to do a fresh install.

You definitely need to upgrade......Version 21.2 would be the way to go

Just check to see your hdd/ssd is not full or approaching full

Also don't forget to install the regular updates regularly once you have reinstalled your system.

is this done thru the terminal using mintupgrade tool via cmd line ?.

on the bottom right, you should have an update/upgrade icon [shape of a shield] when you have updates available [including upgrades] it will be marked, a single click opens it, and you install daily updates from there,
alternatively, many of us run will run the following terminal command.
sudo apt update && apt upgrade watch for the point when it says XXX amount of extra space will be used, and just hit the enter key
If you haven't started your upgrade, yet it may make the offer to do it for you

Ok then, will it automatically expand the sector to accommodate the xtra data ?.

Unless when you set it up,you restricted the amount of drive available to Mint, then there should be plenty of room,

Mint 19.3 is no longer supported...you should be running either 21.1 or 21.2. It's better to do a clean install...get a 32GB Flash Drive and put all Docs...Files...music etc...you can put them on the new install...then install all updates...this is very important.

Once everything is done...run Timeshift and I always create an image of the new system...this can be done with Foxclone...Redorescue or Rescuezilla because I don't want to Re-install everything again if something happens...always keep your system up to date by installing all updates offered by the Update Manager.
m1212.gif

Members online