Open Source PDF converter

SingingBirdRoadster

Reaction score
Credits
Hey I am looking to convert a Libre office file to PDF and then modify it with graphics.
I tried using ghostscript from the command line. It didn't give me any terminal errors but the PDF had random non-english characters.

Is there any open source GUI text to PDF converter that I can then modify it in Libre Draw?

another approach might be to go with scribus which I use for producing home education documents ; text can be any font you can style include jpg etc and export the the whole .sla file to a pdf . Scribus doesn't have a auto as you go spell checker , but you can spell check the whole sla document using aspell from the command line

In LibreOffice, click on file then click on export as

I just use Libre Office writer add whatever content is need including photos and charts and then export as PDF works for me every time. If you also save the file as an .odt text file you can re-edit it when needed. There are programs out there that will allow for editing pdf files, but most of them are proprietary and you have to pay for full functionality.

Why not create the graphic in LO draw, then import that into your LO writer document. Then export your final document as PDF?

Hey I am looking to convert a Libre office file to PDF and then modify it with graphics.
I tried using ghostscript from the command line. It didn't give me any terminal errors but the PDF had random non-english characters.

Is there any open source GUI text to PDF converter that I can then modify it in Libre Draw?
If it's just one file, LibreOffice can do that:
File --> Export as --> Export as PDF.

I got the answers to my question

If the answer was not in what was offered, can you share it with us so our Members might benefit?

Welcome to linux.org BTW :)

You can also go to your first Post and edit the title to include

[SOLVED]

at the beginning.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online