puma not installed

D

Desenski

So I have installed Arch several times, and each time I did I had an application called puma that I could use as a GUI text editor. But this time, it is not there. And from what I can see it's only on the AUR. Which I really don't know how to do (i'm a linux newbie. And please don't tell me to not use Arch, I already know it's a difficult one to learn). I have looked at the AUR section on the Arch wiki, but it honestly doesn't make sense. Step 1 is to get the tarbell. And that's when I get lost. I just want a GUI text editor like puma. Gedit doesn't start unless run from the terminal, and I don't like how it works.

Mmm maybe Pluma? It is the same as gedit but is written on GTK+2. They're identical. Pluma is a part of Mate, thus if you use GNOME, you may consider using gedit.

Mmm maybe Pluma? It is the same as gedit but is written on GTK+2. They're identical. Pluma is a part of Mate, thus if you use GNOME, you may consider using gedit.
Pluma looks like it was it, Although I was sure I was using it in xfce4. I will have to take another look at it. Thanks

PUMA is an HTML server. PLUMA is the text editor. Xfce uses leafpad as the default text editor now.