Put here the used linux distro and why you are using it.

I was just messing with you. Arch Linux, because:
1. I'm an elitist.
2. Large availability of packages in the default repos.
3. AUR
4. Rolling release, so that I don't have to do major or minor upgrades of my installation.

Ubuntu 23.10 Gnome and Mx-Linux xfce

I'll never know why people call Mint a beginners Distro
No, I also wouldn't go so far as to call it a "beginner's" distro, per se.....more like "easy-to-use". I suspect many confuse "easy-to-use" with "noob"....
You guys are right. I edited my post to read: ". . . Mint, which is a stable and easy to use OS, and good for beginners."

I'll never know why people call Mint a beginners Distro...
Linux Lite and Zorin are the distros that I've always seen referred to as the distros to make the transition from Windows to Linux easier.

The Wife is using Linux Lite and she's a beginner and finds the oem user manual very useful.

I'm just glad she's learning to use Linux.

Linux Lite and Zorin are the distros that I've always seen referred to as the distros to make the transition from Windows to Linux easier.

The Wife is using Linux Lite and she's a beginner and finds the oem user manual very useful.

I'm just glad she's learning to use Linux.

I used to run Linux Lite on my Laptop a few years ago myself...good Distro too.
m1213.gif

I tend to distro-hop once a year around early January in most cases. I've been through almost all the big main distro's (bar a couple), and had varying and ever-changing thoughts around what I warrant to be a good distro pick in certain situations.

Last year I was on Nobara KDE, this year I've opted for Garuda. I've been on Vanilla Arch in that past (also ran it for 12 months), but this time I just wanted to get back on Arch and have the zen-kernel with basically 0 effort, this is about the only reason I picked garuda.

I also have a machine with a bare metal install of Kali Purple with the kali-everything meta-package installed. I just use this laptop for CTF's, studying, and CI/CD pipeline pen-testing.

Slackware because I can have complete control of what is on my system and it's systemd free.
Once you Slack you'll never go back.
And Debian 12 Stable because the Debian Team does a fantastic job and the dev's fix what needs to be fixed as soon as a vulnerability or issue arises.