R Pi 5 is here.

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
The New Raspberry Pi 5 is coming out. 4gb and 8gb models. Almost twice as fast as the 4. USB-C an actual power on button. PCI-E connector. 2 Display / Camera connections. still no M.2 but the SD slot is faster reads. Around 80 bucks it seems and should be in stock over the 4. All connections and routes are on top so less manufacture time. The only bottom connections is the SD slot.

That's exciting news, but that statement is one that I do not understand.
Should be easier to make and they amped it up to be able to stock, they say. The Chips, all the plugs the GPIO pins all are top surface soldered instead of top and bottom, meaning does not need to be flipped over and back on line. Not sure, yet.

Should be easier to make and they amped it up to be able to stock, they say.

I get it now, thanks.

I'm tempted to order some of these but I might end up wasting them like I did the first time around. I quickly lost interest in the project.

I bought some rpi3, then a rpi4 & a 400, but found that I could get some thin client computers for less, so the rpi3s I have given to a 'code club', & my 4 & 400 are just sitting doing nothing right now. :(

doesn't seem to be much change from the RPI4 B with 8g. Looks like I'll have to get one to play with and see if I want to start to carry those over the 4b

Waiting on a pi500 8GB. Been running rpios/debian sid on my pi400 since it came out.

Waiting on a pi500 8GB. Been running rpios/debian sid on my pi400 since it came out.
raspian is fine on the pi but I found that fedora 38 runs perfectly on the pi4 and does not have the same restrictions as raspian does. You should try it out.

Members online

Latest posts