RAMS Type

hamzahmoz

Reaction score
Credits
Hello , I tried to figure out how to know my RAMS Type but i didn't know .

NOTE my system is Kali Linux

Download the motherboard manual or the specifications from the official computer manufacturer for the model of the computer you have.

Someone who uses Kali Linux should already know how to profile the computer hardware for the computer information they want.

This is basic stuff Kali users should know.
install inxi from the repository
from a terminal run sudo inxi -mxx
Insert password and enter

It never ceases to amaze me is the newbies who use Kali then wonder why they have issues - I have been using Linux since Debian 5 Lenny around 2011 or thereabouts and do not want to use Kali - personally I would use Parrot first, but that's just me

It never ceases to amaze me is the newbies who use Kali then wonder why they have issues
There are 2 main reasons we see so many newbies trying to use Kali

first are those who, having seen Kali in a film or TV show, think it would be cool,

the second are educators who tell their students to install it.

Both of these groups should read the full documentation on the Kali docs site

It never ceases to amaze me is the newbies who use Kali then wonder why they have issues
Yes. The irony is that so many of the aspects of Kali that are attractive, are so "un-newbie-friendly".

The attractiveness includes the power that Kali offers, the power to "penetrate" other systems, but learning to use that software involves such a steep learning curve. The leanness of the distribution is attractive because user's consider it economical and without the "bloat" which comes with fully featured installations, but that "bloat" is often providing the very help through GUIs that would be useful to them in their learning and benefit them. The exclusivity of the distro is attractive where users can bathe in the sense of belonging to an elite or especially privileged cohort, but it's a hollow sense when it lacks the knowlege of linux fundamentals.

Nevertheless, if there's a straight forward answer to a question from a newbie Kali user, then it's surely helpful to provide it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online