Read me before using this forum section!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok someone ask Tux Bot the exact value of PI. It worked on Star Trek to get the ghost out of the machine. AI is only as good as the data fed into it. I am sure someday it will be enough that it will be hard to beat its answers. Don't think we are there yet. Ask it a a question that would require knowing in depth knowledge of code under the hood that is causing grief. When it can come back and tell me to flip bit 53 I will then be impressed. At this point at best if its really good it will be more like a bionic arm not some great overlord. The biggest problems for AI is it being put to use beyond its capabilities and someone gets hurt.

What does 'PG rated' mean?

Parental Guidance, like the movie ratings here in America.

Basically, watch your language, no political discussion, no religious discussion, no discussion of things sexual in nature, etc...

These are the conditions we insist on if there's going to be an off-topic section. These same rules apply elsewhere in the forum, of course.

As we've grown, we've had more off-topic discussions - including in threads that have topics. So long as the OP is being helped and it doesn't get out of hand, I don't say much of anything. When it starts to get out of hand, I remind people to remain on topic.

That means less mess for me to clean up. My role here is pretty much just being a glorified janitor.

And there's not a whole lot of glory.

Locking this Thread - it really does not warrant all the replies.

I'll clean it up next couple of days.

Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts