Sd adapter not found?

geordiejohn

Reaction score
Credits
Hello I am running MX 21.3 on my mac mini and I have put an sd adapter in with sd card to download my next base camera files,it is not showing anywhere,does anyone know how to get it to show my files please?
Thank you.

is your sd card reader attached by usb or is it built in to the system? it may not matter, but the built in one on my macbook pro sometimes has an issue and resets itself.

if the card isn't appearing in your file manager, you could try checking to see if it is listed by opening a terminal and running the command

lsblk -f

this is what mine looks like on mx 21.3 xfce:

Code:
lsblk -f
mmcblk0                                                                            
└─mmcblk0p1
        vfat   FAT32            6662-3261

if yours doesn't show up there as well, you could try ejecting the sd card, running the command

sudo dmesg -w

and then inserting the card again. dmesg should output a lot of messages. you would only be concerned with the ones that show up after inserting the card. this is also from my mx 21.3 system:

Code:
sudo dmesg -w
[29648.499997] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
[29648.511421] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SH32G 29.7 GiB
[29648.783556]  mmcblk0: p1

Ditto......use dmesg to check if the system actually sees it, personally I use dmesg|tail, just after inserting it, it will also tell you what the system has designated it, i.e. /dev/sdb or similar.

Members online