[Solved] How to search this forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
Yet another senior moment ,,,,
I have asked how to activate / change ownership of USB stick , not USB connnected HDD, here and now I cannot remember exact post name etc...
I want to share USB between OS on multinoot system...
I think the key is to change mount point first...

now I cannot remember exact post name etc...
There are 2 ways (at least). First, look at your member profile, and open either "Latest Activity" or "Postings." Both allow you to scroll down and go deeper into multiple pages to find what you want. Second, using the forum "Search" in the upper right corner, you can enter a search term (needs to be at least 4 letters, I think, so "usb" probably wouldn't work by itself). Besides the search term, you can also enter any user to help narrow down the search term. The Advanced Search gives a few more options.

Your other question(s) about sharing a USB should be asked in a separate thread... or followed up in your previous thread(s).

The best way to search this forum is by using Google to search for you!

Go to Google.com and type the following in the search field. "site:www.linux.org <term to search for>"

There are 2 ways (at least). First, look at your member profile, and open either "Latest Activity" or "Postings." Both allow you to scroll down and go deeper into multiple pages to find what you want. Second, using the forum "Search" in the upper right corner, you can enter a search term (needs to be at least 4 letters, I think, so "usb" probably wouldn't work by itself). Besides the search term, you can also enter any user to help narrow down the search term. The Advanced Search gives a few more options.

Your other question(s) about sharing a USB should be asked in a separate thread... or followed up in your previous thread(s).
Silly me...
So I went to "search" for "USB change ownership " and AFTER I add my name it goes away and no search is performed

Silly me...
So I went to "search" for "USB change ownership " and AFTER I add my name it goes away and no search is performed
It worked fine for me. Your thread is here.

Ah, maybe this is the trouble: do not use "quotes" on your search string.

Thanks, found my old thread.
Is there a way to mark this thread as SOLVED ?
Yes. Go up to your first post. There is an Edit link so that you can change the Title. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts