[SOLVED] Some commands can't be executed by keyboard shortcuts and menulibre entry creator.

Itinerary8592

Reaction score
Credits
Apparently, I just had to give the full path in the command column /home/bob/miniconda3/bin/jupyter-notebook works perfectly!

note: which jupyter-notebook
Code:
(base) bob@bob:~
$ which jupyter-notebook
/home/bob/miniconda3/bin/jupyter-notebook
---------------------

btw, this issue as old as time. Even Jesus had this problem while using Linux :(

Edit 2: I was wrong. It's using bash. I got a echo $SHELL and it was /bin/bash. but even though the jupyter-notebook path has been added to $PATH variable, it just won't execute.

Edit 1: I don't think keyboard shortcuts and menulibre don't use bash shell. After reading logs I realized that it was as if jupyter-notebook wasn't even installed when I am executing through shortcuts and menulibre. I have added the jupyter path variable to .bashrc, the only way this can not work is if the bloody thing isn't running on bash shell.

Terminal log when executed by terminal

Log when executed by a shortcut
Code:
/home/bob/jupyter_notebook_unofficial: line 6: jupyter: command not found
---------------------
Demonstration

Firefox command work perfectly without any problem, but jupyter notebook command which works in terminal doesn't work on either keyboard shortcuts or on menulibre. The file has max permissions to run

Script Copy
Code:
#!/bin/bash
jupyter notebook
firefox http://localhost:8888/tree/Documents/Programs

What I have tried

1. I have tried to run in terminal, not run in terminal on menulibre
2. I have tried entering these commands in the command column

Code:
 `./jupyter_notebook_unofficial`
    `./home/bob/jupyter_notebook_unofficial`
    `bash jupyter_notebook_unofficial`
    `bash ./jupyter_notebook_unofficial`
    `bash ./home/bob/jupyter_notebook_unofficial`
    `bash /home/bob/jupyter_notebook_unofficial`

I have also tried all this combinations with and without .sh at the end of the file name.

All of these would work on terminal but not as shortcuts or on menulibre.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online