(SOLVED) Wifi adaptator not found MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

clementolinux

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,

My username is clemento, I'm french and I'm new on this forum. I decided to log in because I've switched to GNU/Linux (Ubuntu distro) to learn more about linux.
Excuse me if my english isn't perfect...

I've installed Ubuntu on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH_TUF506LH in dual-boot with Windows 10.
I have a problem, "Wifi adaptator not found", same for bluetooth...
So I decided to create an account to ask the community how can I solve this problem. I've read many forums and haven't found the solution to my problem...

I'm not at home currently so i don't have an ethernet connection but I can try your solutions with wifi on VirtualBox (because wifi is detected like ethernet connection)
I pray for someone who can help me,

Sincerely.
Clemento

Welcome to the forum
If you can what we need you to do in ubuntu, open a terminal type in inxi -N [inxispace-N]
and copy/paste the result back here

Bwiz

Hello Clemento,
Welcome to the Forum.
You should be able to get the wifi card going by following the instructions on this page.
According the specs for you machine you have and Intel AX200 wifi/bluetooth card in that machine.
Also you should make sure secure boot is turned off and you may have to have blue tooth off to get wifi working.
Good luck.

According the specs for you machine you have and Intel AX200
the latest spec....
Networking
Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit-LAN (10/100/1000/2500/5000MBit/s),
MediaTek MT7921 (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4/ac = Wi-Fi 5/ax = Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth 5.1

here it is :
1637070334937.png

Hello Clemento,
Welcome to the Forum.
You should be able to get the wifi card going by following the instructions on this page.
According the specs for you machine you have and Intel AX200 wifi/bluetooth card in that machine.
Also you should make sure secure boot is turned off and you may have to have blue tooth off to get wifi working.
Good luck.
I tried it, it doesn't works...

Well that report is showing the driver is installed and is the earlier Intel wi-fi , not media teck, [unless its been miss recognised]
open the network control [one of the icons usualy bottom right of task bar] and check if wireless is enabled there

Well that report is showing the driver is installed and is the earlier Intel wi-fi , not media teck, [unless its been miss recognised]
I think you're onto the problem. The screenshot in post #6 shows he has a "network bridge"... not a wireless adapter. The built-in adapter may be dead, or removed.

Is wireless working in Windows 10?

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?

I think you're onto the problem. The screenshot in post #6 shows he has a "network bridge"... not a wireless adapter. The built-in adapter may be dead, or removed.

Is wireless working in Windows 10?

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?
Yes, on Windows it works.
I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (some people say that upgrading to an newer kernel may solve the problem but I've upgraded Ubuntu to 21.10 and kernel to 5.15.2 and wireless adaptator still not found...)

What do I do with it ?
I copy-paste it in the Terminal ??
(I've tried to copy-paste but it doesn't works)
First have a look in this folder - /lib/firmware/mediatek/ and see if you have the following 3 files in there - BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin - WIFI_MT7961_patch_mcu_1_2_hdr.bin - and - WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1.bin

If you have those 3 files you have the firmware you won't have to download it - if not you will need to download it - this is how

Have to use your browser not terminal - it's a website

If you look at the top of the webpage I sent you will see "commit" is highlighted click on "tree" next to it just left - then scroll down until you see "mediatek" it will be blue color click on mediatek it will open to the mediatek tree click that or you can go here - https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...k?id=948cad200e94d82d339207f8ac7b10f932bd627a all the Mediatek firmware is listed there find those three files

this is the first one -BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin listed it is second in line from the top
Once there - look for this - blob: 54b5981889bc0d6e46c509836025349f27010e37 (plain)
click on plain and save the bin file - do that for the other two once you have all 3 you have to put them in the /lib/firmware/mediatek folder which must be done in root

First have a look in this folder - /lib/firmware/mediatek/ and see if you have the following 3 files in there - BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin - WIFI_MT7961_patch_mcu_1_2_hdr.bin - and - WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1.bin

If you have those 3 files you have the firmware you won't have to download it - if not you will need to download it - this is how

Have to use your browser not terminal - it's a website

If you look at the top of the webpage I sent you will see "commit" is highlighted click on "tree" next to it just left - then scroll down until you see "mediatek" it will be blue color click on mediatek it will open to the mediatek tree click that or you can go here - https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...k?id=948cad200e94d82d339207f8ac7b10f932bd627a all the Mediatek firmware is listed there find those three files

this is the first one -BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin listed it is second in line from the top
Once there - look for this - blob: 54b5981889bc0d6e46c509836025349f27010e37 (plain)
click on plain and save the bin file - do that for the other two once you have all 3 you have to put them in the /lib/firmware/mediatek folder which must be done in root
I checked the /lib repository and I have those 3 files in so I don't need to download them but wifi and bluetooth still not work what do I do now ?

Have you got secure boot turned off and have you turned off fastboot in Windows10?

I did see in Ubuntu forum were people who have this card got it working by installing kernel 5.15

I did see in Ubuntu forum were people who have this card got it working by installing kernel 5.15
I will try to upgrade kernel !

Members online