streaming vids sends cpu to hell

roboagogo

Reaction score
Credits
Hey any help would be greatly appreciated
Been using windows forever since day 1 i did like it pre win 10 tyranny
So i decided to try linux tried lots of them like 15 currently using fredora 32 bit yes 32 bit me so poor no option to replace machine
IM on a dell vostro 3550 32 bit its supposed to be 2 gigs of ram but these days when i look up specs somehow its 2.9 gigs of ram so there's that
But anyways before i switched from win 10 pc had no problem streaming or playing movie on hard-drive cpu temp would hover around 59 c
Now on any linux distro stream a movie and cpu temp rises fast hits like 75 in no time fan kicks in to drone blast off to space speed
Have tried differnt browsers all have same effect strange happening with falkon that it ran the lightest of all browsers took like 19 percent cpu
And i thought this looks good but after 5 min same thing heats up fan runs hard fire fox takes like 30 per cent cpu and it has the exact same end result and temp
I know my laptop is a bottom feeder but if it could run win 10 i was positive it run linux
dell_smm-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
Processor Fan: 0 RPM
CPU: +54.0°C
Other: +54.0°C
Other: +48.0°C
GPU: +16.0°C
Other: +69.0°C this is sensors at just the browser being used and this other temp at 69 c when i started using linux was like 50 c it now goes up to 85 c or higher this is the problem
So any input would be greatly appreciated i understand that linux uses kernals and you get the appropriate drivers installed from there something like that
Could it be that the drivers that came with laptop are better suited than what linux has just throwing that out there
I just want to watch my movies again
Peace out brother from another mother

Hi Tolkem im 32 bit not 64 bit any linux i have tried just makes it hot when i watch vid along with high fan usage its just not working FOR ME it seems
A week ago had no such problem on win 10
Funny thing though i made a bootable usb of alt workstation a little while ago and that runs like windows 10 did plays and streams movies no prob all core temps back to normal this is the first one out of like 16 distros to work for me
One problem with this one its in russian that kind of scared me but the website is all in english so i dont understand why russian why
GUESS i will continue to scratch my head and keep working at it

Hi Tolkem im 32 bit not 64 bit
Hmmm ... well, I couldn't find anything on dell vostro 3550 32bit. Can you share this machine's specs with us? Hardware info like CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD capacity storage, MOBO as well make and model for all of them.
Funny thing though i made a bootable usb of alt workstation a little while ago
You mean this https://getalt.org/en/alt-workstation/ ?
One problem with this one its in russian that kind of scared me but the website is all in english so i dont understand why russian why
At the bottom of that pages reads: "BaseALT Ltd. - ALT operating systems russian developer company." Maybe that's why. Don't be scared, why? It's an OS, just that. It's not going to spy on you more than google and MS already do. :)

Members online