Stuck on install page

Nwer

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,

I have downloaded Centos 7 from linuximages.com. It's like a virtual box preconfigured file once you open it all settings for the machine are imported.
It asked for user and pass > I inserted centos for both as recommended here https://www.linuxvmimages.com/how-to-use/vm-image-password/
Now i'm stuck on this page it's not recognising any basic command.. ls..cd etc

Also i notice the machine on VB is marked as Aborted !

1639253390587.png

Last edited:

When you say 'any basic commands', I'm not sure what you mean. The only command I see typed in there is a rather nonsensical command. You don't just type URLs into the terminal (and get a useful response from the computer). Additionally, URLs probably shouldn't have commas in them.

Try a simple command like 'uptime' and remember that VBox has to have control of the input at the time. (That'll be the right control key to give the virtual machine control of the input, or the same control key to give the input control back to the host machine.)

Also, unless you have a specific reason, it's pretty easy to install CentOS on your own.

When you say 'any basic commands', I'm not sure what you mean. The only command I see typed in there is a rather nonsensical command. You don't just type URLs into the terminal (and get a useful response from the computer). Additionally, URLs probably shouldn't have commas in them.

Try a simple command like 'uptime' and remember that VBox has to have control of the input at the time. (That'll be the right control key to give the virtual machine control of the input, or the same control key to give the input control back to the host machine.)

Also, unless you have a specific reason, it's pretty easy to install CentOS on your own.
Ohh I'm sorry about the nonsense command I wrote :( I made a clown out of myself
Ok now I see that I can type commands but I mean with this interface shown in attachment
It means it's successfully installed and ready to be used ?

1639293613587.png

Thanks for helping me :)

Ok now I see that I can type commands but I mean with this interface shown in attachment
It means it's successfully installed and ready to be used ?
Yes, it is. That’s a pretty OK command line interface.

If you’re asking for some sort of GUI, I think last time I used it CentOS didn’t install any Desktop Environment by default. Check this if that’s what you want.

Yes, it is. That’s a pretty OK command line interface.

If you’re asking for some sort of GUI, I think last time I used it CentOS didn’t install any Desktop Environment by default. Check this if that’s what you want.
Thanks man.. it's always a releife for a newbie to know that there is some support he can get on forums like this
I will check and let you know

Staff online

Members online