The Soapbox: Cut The Complaining. IMHO Thanks Are In Order.

Sherri is a Cat

Reaction score
Credits
I'm posting this in Forum Assistance because I want it to show up in 'Latest Posts'. It seems like the most appropriate place for this, too.

It seems a can of worms has been opened with a question I asked about a topic I know next nothing about. I'm so unfamiliar that I'm not going to even try describe it. I'm not even sure exactly what I said that has led to what I keep seeing people say are legitimate complaints. Maybe I used the wrong word for something I was referring to. I only know it has to do with DDoS attacks. Given my ignorance, please forgive me if I stepped on anyone's toes. No offense was intended. I was not pointing fingers. I'm appreciative of the time spent here by other people who have selflessly given their time, been part of my Linux journey and made it possible for me to free myself of the shackles of the Giant.

That said, I have to wonder if I'm not the only one around here who is unaware of some things, how things work and where some complaints should really aimed.

Before ever considering making the switch to a Linux based OS, I was well aware that it is Open Source and FREE. Since it's free, it's perfectly logical that help is ALSO free. Further, I don't think it's a big leap to assume that someone who loves Linux foots the bill to provide a meeting place to get that free help.

And this brings me to my soapbox. This post by Wizardfromoz makes it clear to me that no one has any business complaining about DDoS attacks around here. I may be ignorant, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there are probably other unjustified complaints.

I for one don't want to be included in any group of complaints about this forum, the person(s) who pay money to make this place available or the people behind the scenes who donate their personal time to keep it going.

I think we should all be thankful.

And I'm going to include this plug too. Make a donation. Even if you're already donating your time, make one. I'm seriously poor right now and not able to make regular monitary contributions, but that doesn't mean I can't or haven't at least tossed in a couple of dollars to help support this site. It's the least I can do.

So I'm inviting everyone to say "Thank you" instead of doling out 'justified' complaints. I certaintly couldn't do better or more than you do.

@wizardfromoz
@KGIII
@JasKinasis
@Rob