Today's article is a meta article - but not the normal meta article...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I try to do a meta article every month, but I don't always manage to do so. In that article, I detail how the site is doing. I share some of the things I've learned about the site, including stuff like statistics and demographics. I also include some logistics and the like...

Well, today is more of a celebration of sorts. After all these articles, after years (plural) of trying, I finally managed to get the site indexed in Bing. That also means indexed in Yahoo.

Those sites have trivial amounts of the search market, but that's okay. I want anyone interested to find my site. I want them to have their problems solved and questions answered. It's a good thing.

Why wasn't the site indexed in Bing prior to this? I have no idea. I did everything by the book, but they just wouldn't index me. This long article details the struggle and shows you the solution that worked for me. If you have a website and aren't indexed by Bing, you can try the same thing.

So, let's welcome our Bing-using brothers (all 3% of them) and the paltry amount of traffic they'll add. Right now, they account for less than 1% of my traffic.

Also, this means the site is now in every major search engine, but it's limited in some markets. You can find the site with Baidu and Yandex, but they don't index many pages. Yandex indexes many more than Baidu. They both index English content. I am not sure why they don't index all of it, but I can say that I have a search presence in those search engines.

Using FF (private window) I went to Bings Webmaster Support page however, selecting the drop down menu (trouble adding site) does not work.
Using the Brave browser produced the same result.

VPN's have to be paid for correct?

I'd just give it a few days. You can try logging into webmaster tools first. It's a problem with Bing that cropped up like as I was writing the article. As this isn't anything all that sensitive, you can try a free VPN browser extension. Bing's bound to fix the mistake eventually. I'm sure someone will tell them that it's broken.

Though, judging by the reference number, not a whole lot of people have contacted 'em this way.

Members online