Today's article is just a couple of ways to resize images with ImageMagick.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It is pretty brief.

Alas, I had a wedding to go to - like who has a wedding on a Wednesday?!?

I was less than impressed, but had to attend. So, I had to have the missus drive us home. I am in no shape for driving. That'll teach 'em to have a wedding on Wednesday. I interrupted the dance to dance with the groom, just to ensure it was as much a farce as I could think of. Also, I drank a lot.

So, I can kinda moderate - but only so far as approving or declining stuff. If y'all wanna misbehave, now's a good time to do it. Wiz won't be on for hours!

Oh, here's the link:

I'd say feedback is awesome, but I am gonna have to wait and read it again tomorrow.

Interesting

I looked in menu etc for it.....not there.

I typed the name into menu....not there

I opened Software Manager...it tells me it is already installed.

I click on Remove...enter my password....and presumably it removes it. The green tick disappears.

I click on Install......presumably it installs. Green tick is back

I type ImageMagick into menu....no such luck

I throw sudo apt install imagemagick -y into terminal...tells me the imagemagick is already the newest version. (8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3build2) The imagemagick website tells me "The current release is ImageMagick 7.1.0-46. "

back in software manager...a note at the bottom of the blurb tells me :This a dummy package. You can safely purge or remove it.

wtf.

Linux Mint 21. Fresh Install

Thanks, @KGIII -- bookmarked in How2 dir.

I think the mint folk have enough on their plates for now

I still haven't upgraded to the newest release. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm gonna wait a while. I tend to do that, that is wait for the dust to settle. I haven't upgraded to 22.04 on anything yet, though the upgrade just recently was offered due to my having an existing install. I'll get to it. I've gotta whole year, or what's left of it, to get to it.

Brian has magic fingers (not) where Vanessa is concerned.

I had this

Code:
chris@vanessa-cinnamon-SSD:~$ apt-cache policy imagemagick
imagemagick:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3build2
  Version table:
     8:6.9.11.60+dfsg-1.3build2 500
        500 http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/ubuntu/archive jammy/universe amd64 Packages

so installed it.

BTW also works with .png - worked a 10.3 MB PNG down to a 403.7 KB PNG

Wiz

Members online