Transfer Pics from Iphone to Linux PC

poorguy

Why not just use a usb to sub-mini usb and connect directly to the computer via a wire / cable which is what I do and eliminate the Network Protocol BS.

atanere

Direct cable and OTG cable both have troubles. iPhones are not friendly and do not like to talk to anything not made by Apple. There may be something that works, but it's not a simple feat, it seems.

We use an iphone app called Simple Transfer
It's hard to leave the apps you're used to, but that might be the best way to go (or only way to go).
Here's one way. (2019-wireless) This uses SSH on Linux side and FE File Explorer on iOS side.
Another way. (2017-wired) This uses program called iFuse, available in Synaptic.
Another way. (2018-wireless) This uses program called AirDroid on iOS. (Yes, for iOS.)

Maybe one of these will give you and idea, or a solution. Digging deep on Google might offer more.

Cheers

poorguy

iPhones are not friendly and do not like to talk to anything not made by Apple.
I guess that's why the few iPhone users I know send pictures / videos to their email accounts and then download their pictures / videos from their email accounts.

I'm glad I have an Android just connect via a usb cable and copy and paste the pictures / videos / files / folders or whatever else I want to save to my computer.

Again another reason Linux and the Linux Kernel is awesome. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts