Trying to setup Kali...Please help!

C

Cherman

Hello,
I am fairly new to Linux, and with some experience with Xubuntu, I am trying to move on to Kali Linux. I created a bootable (I think) flash drive for a 64-bit Compaq Presario desktop. As I was trying to boot to Kali, it went to a black screen with white text (said something about SYSLINUX) and very quickly moved on to another black screen with white text. All the screen read was "boot:". I am able to type in it, but I don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Cherman

Update:
I forgot to mention this at first, but whenever I type something and hit enter, it says,
"Could not find kernel image: (whatever I just typed in)"
It then takes me to a new line and says, "boot:" again.

Probably pretty important:)

the process for install kali is not so critical. it is very easy process and only needs proper guidence and some small time. a small mistake can harm your laptop. you can follow this video. video made in may 2015 so there are less chances of error and tested on windows platform. please go to

Thanks, and I might do that, but I would really like to be able to boot to Kali from a pen drive.

Thank you for your help. I finally figured out how to boot Kali from a USB; the whole problem was a bad file. I didn't think that was the problem, since I had already downloaded it twice, but apparently I was wrong :D

Staff online

Members online