Unable to launch any app installed using dpkg -i

NobinPegasus

Reaction score
Credits
I'm using firefox to download the .deb file. When I install it using sudo dpkg - app_name.deb

Code:
pegasus@pegasus:~$ uname -a
Linux pegasus 5.19.0-1007-nvidia-lowlatency #7-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Jan 25 00:08:13 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
But I can't run it normally. I need to use app_name --no-sandbox to run it.
How to fix it?
I can't open it using gui or normal app_name in terminal.

I'm using firefox to download the .deb file. When I install it using sudo dpkg - app_name.deb

Code:
pegasus@pegasus:~$ uname -a
Linux pegasus 5.19.0-1007-nvidia-lowlatency #7-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Jan 25 00:08:13 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
But I can't run it normally. I need to use app_name --no-sandbox to run it.
How to fix it?
I can't open it using gui or normal app_name in terminal.
When you double click the deb file, does it open an installer?

Deb files are usually installed using the apt package manager, some distribution have an automatic deb installer built in [find file right click , and if you have it, you will get a message install using deb installer,
if not then try
sudo apt install ./package name

Deb files are usually installed using the apt package manager, some distribution have an automatic deb installer built in [find file right click , and if you have it, you will get a message install using deb installer,
if not then try
sudo apt install ./package name
I'd used sudo apt install ./microsoft-edge-stable.deb

still getting the error:
Code:
pegasus@pegasus:~/Downloads$ microsoft-edge-stable
[15765:15765:0505/000045.008960:FATAL:credentials.cc(127)] Check failed: . : Permission denied (13)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
same happens with vscode.
pegasus@pegasus:~/Downloads$ code
Nothing happens when I type code in terminal
But code --no-sandbox works and opens vscode
Even using software manager with right click doesn't work. It gives the same result after installing.

Last edited:

Members online