Solved Updates Failed Due To An Interruption

Solved issue

Sherri is a Cat

Reaction score
Credits
A couple of days ago I finally got to set up my ASUS system. My monitor got damaged during the move, but still usable. My system hadn't been updated for 2 1/2 months. After I started installing them, the image on my monitor quickly went from bad to worse and then useless.

I have a TV now instead of my beloved monitor. Other than glare, it's actually not bad. The first thing I did was address the updates. They won't install now because the interruption caused an error.

1718382110592.png

I'd rather figure this out on my own, or at least try before asking for help. However, I'm really pressed for time and I need to be able to use my PC. I think I'm going get hired for a remote job, working online only. I have to take care of some things today.

So...

Before I come back, hopefully I will have some time to look into this more on my own. I'm not going to count my eggs before they hatch though, hence this thread.

I have 2 questions.
  1. Does this mean I should open the terminal and enter 'dpkg --configure -a' ?
    1. I don't want to try this right now without supervision. My computer works right now. I don't have time to mess with it if something goes wrong!
  2. The second part is asking me to report the problem
    1. I'm pretty sure this error is caused by the user. In other words I created this error.
    2. If I really do need to report this, where do I send it???
So there it is! I will be back later!

Does this mean I should open the terminal and enter 'dpkg --configure -a' ?
YES without the exclamation marks

after running it re-boot the computer then run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade, when that has finished run Apt autoremove

Needs a sudo in front.

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

That's a double dash before configure.

Good luck with the job, Sherri

Wiz

Needs a sudo in front.

Yes, sudo...
At first I got an error. I remembered I have to enter my password to install updates. I had to think about it for a minute. 2 1/2 months without a computer, just that sad glorified tablet.

I remembered Super User Do... I wasn't sure if that was all I needed, but I have those Snapshots! ;)
It worked! Me so proud of me self!

I was going to add something, but I suddenly find myself without words or thoughts flying around in my mind. Hmm :confused: That's never happened before. Hope I'm okay.

It's the relaxing effect Linux has on you

It's Saturday, let the brain spin down a little.

Same thoughts, different words. I like what he said ^^^

I've been taking assessments all day long. Brain is too darn worn out. (Ordinarily I would use saltier language)
I just opened Libre Cad. Looks good! But I'm too tired to play around with it.
I'll be back tomorrow with some General Linux questions. My life really has calmed down! I still have a lot to do. I'm not living under the ever-present, monumental stress of the last 2 years. That is REALLY NICE!!!

Members online