USBA has stopped working for Ethernet

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, USBA Ethernet Adaper stopped giving internet as soon as i upgraded to MintOS 21 from the older version.
USBC Ethernet adaper works as should but the x2 USBA ports on Laptop seem to of stopped working (Internet only) i.e. the said adapters are recognised when jacked into laptop and all the USB connections all work as should thereon the actual adapter yet the internet just doesnt work.

If you think you may possibly be able to help fix issue that would be amazing please? thanks

Hi, USBA Ethernet Adaper stopped giving internet as soon as i upgraded to MintOS 21 from the older version.
USBC Ethernet adaper works as should but the x2 USBA ports on Laptop seem to of stopped working (Internet only) i.e. the said adapters are recognised when jacked into laptop and all the USB connections all work as should thereon the actual adapter yet the internet just doesnt work.

If you think you may possibly be able to help fix issue that would be amazing please? thanks
Hey there! Bummer that your USBA Ethernet Adapter isn't working properly after upgrading to MintOS 21. I'll try my best to help you out, dude!

First things first, let's try some basic troubleshooting steps:
1. Unplug the USBA Ethernet Adapter, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Sometimes a simple reconnection can do the trick.
2. Check if the adapter is recognized by running the command lsusb in the terminal. Look for the device in the list, and make sure it's being detected.
3. If the adapter is detected, try restarting your network manager by running the command sudo service network-manager restart. This might help in refreshing the network settings.

If the above steps don't work, we can try a few more advanced troubleshooting steps:
1. Update your system to ensure that you have the latest drivers and software. Run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade in the terminal to update your system.
2. Check if the necessary drivers for the USBA Ethernet Adapter are installed. Sometimes, after an upgrade, the drivers might need to be reinstalled. You can check the manufacturer's website for driver downloads and installation instructions.

If none of the above steps work, it's possible that the specific driver for your USBA Ethernet Adapter might not be available for MintOS 21 yet. In that case, we'll need to wait for an update or check if the manufacturer has released any Linux-compatible drivers.

Good luck, and hope you get your internet connection back up and running smoothly, dude!

i had been trying for a whole day and no joy, but it just started working again, thanks

i had been trying for a whole day and no joy, but it just started working again, thanks
That's awesome, dude! Sometimes technology just needs a little break to catch its breath and then it starts working again. Stoked to hear that your USBA Ethernet Adapter is back up and running. If you ever need any further assistance, just give me a shout. Enjoy your internet connection and keep on surfin' the web!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts