What are you using your single-boards for?

Forgot one. Was at Micro Center, they had the PiTop for sale on the clearance rack for 35 bucks. So I has a 14 inch monitor self contained Pi B+ also installed a 3-5v amp and some small speakers inside.

And then there is the original 3B+ in a wire framed tilting mount, that I made with the 7 inch TS monitor, plus a lipo-power board, tiny wireless keyboard. That is what got it all started.

I got two Raspberry Pi.

The PI 3 B+ running RasbianOS for retro arcade.

The PI4 4GB running Manjaro and I use it to play back movies and series that I copy from my original dvd/blu Ray to make easier to watch rather fetching the disc also keep the disc intact.

The pi4 is better than pi3 but still getting some freeze so I use boot on SD then load linux from external hard drive it runs better but sometime it freeze.. probably need to buy SSD to make more smoother and no freeze.

Do you use swap on for your PI? Especially on manjaro.

I won mine as a prize at a hackathon, somehow. o_O At the moment I've been fiddling around doing baby's first robotics project with it.

(It's me, I'm the baby.)

I have some original Pi that never got used. I was going to build out my own electronic driveway gate that supported things like RFID and scheduling. I never got to it.

I currently have a NUC (which I'm not sure quite qualifies as a SBC?) that I use to pirate live television. I even have a remote and a small remote keyboard.

Robotics.
I have yet to embed a Pi into an industrial robot, but I have embedded a couple of BS2SX modules, and also used the BS1 to change sensors from forked infrared to reflective for detecting clear product. It was challenging, but fun.:cool:

I saw mention in there of getting Slackware on a pi? I'd appreciate it if you guys could post some specifics as to just how you go about doing that...

below is the web page for SARPI, Slackware on Raspberry Pi.
Have fun!

Raspberry ssd usb boot home computer in the works. I get bored with just one system so I'm on the path to learning 4 popular systems.
Trying to get into networking security school so why not have all the systems you can . Left some unallocated space for anything I don't have.

Attachments

• 20210729_000354.jpg
    20210729_000354.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 492
Retropie on top of the stock Pi OS pretty cool.

Now I have a 3 B+ and also a 3 A+ running ModBros. The 3B with the 7 in TS display. The 3A is in a retro Asteroids game with a 3 in TFT as the new screen the 9 dollar arcade game did not work.

Been also trying out XMING posted about it. Run XMING, then start Putty, SSH into PI and you have the complete GUI instead of Terminal.

Now I have a 3 B+ and also a 3 A+ running ModBros. The 3B with the 7 in TS display. The 3A is in a retro Asteroids game with a 3 in TFT as the new screen the 9 dollar arcade game did not work.

Been also trying out XMING posted about it. Run XMING, then start Putty, SSH into PI and you have the complete GUI instead of Terminal.

that looks awesome

I was gonna ask what a single board computer was but then I found a description on wikipedia. Seeing the specs of an SBC called Raspberry 4, I can't imagine someone would actually pay to use it. What's worse, I can't even think of anything it could be used for. Other than a piece to put over your fireplace or use it as a paper weight... :rolleyes:
Well, some people may scoff at it due to its size. As for me, I currently have dual monitors connected, both set to 1280 x 1024 (I have a hard time seeing anything smaller due to "old eyes syndrome":eek:). I just did a rather lengthy update on the left monitor, while streaming a HD video on the right monitor, No problems with either function, no buffering, missed frames, or anything else. And it is so dang quiet compared to "the lab". Gotta love it!!:D

Happy Trails,
Paul

My little guy has 4g of memory and 250gb ssd M.2 on a 55" Samsung TV monitor I have no complaints.
The WiFi isn't bad but the hard wire is amazing and it's meant to teach people code as it has all the support in the world for it.
Its a computer for the opened minded, creative individual wanting to learn code.
Its more powerful than you think. When the robots start taking your jobs they will need people to code them until they can configure them selves.

I was gonna ask what a single board computer was but then I found a description on wikipedia. Seeing the specs of an SBC called Raspberry 4, I can't imagine someone would actually pay to use it. What's worse, I can't even think of anything it could be used for. Other than a piece to put over your fireplace or use it as a paper weight... :rolleyes:
Check out Magpi Magazine, and Hackspace Magazine. Both are available for download, free, in pdf format online. You will see some interesting uses for the little fellow.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Currently I have 2 Raspberry PIs (1 and 3), one is being used for Homebridge (3), running headless, and the other is in the closet being used as a dust collector (1) :) I will probably set the second one up with PiHole again, I just have not had the time to play with it recently.

I just read, in Hackspace magazine, that there is port of Kali for the Raspberry PI 4. Hmmmm:cool:

I just read, in Hackspace magazine, that there is port of Kali for the Raspberry PI 4. Hmmmm:cool:
you can get it with berryboot I had it at one point but some of the functions didn't want to work.

Staff online

Members online