What killed my System?

trxit

Reaction score
Credits
Hey everybody,

I am not here to cry because my Raspberry Pi's SD Card got corrupted, but I want to know if someone else has got this at any time because it was very weird.

I was running Ubuntu on a Raspi 4. I didn't log in for a long time (4 months or so). So I wanted to install updates. Connected via SSH -> worked. Tried various commands like "ls" "whoami" etc. nothing happened. It throwed the error "Command unknown" .. Not very common for ls but okay.. The weird part was, after this sentence some weird characters apeared. Like a wall of "/7/7/7/7/7[ ]" and other weird characters..

So I tried to reboot -> User not priviledged.. Tried to reboot with sudo and as root directly... None worked.. So I had to use the Powerreset button. After this, the Pi won't boot anymore.
Tried to inspect the SD Card in Gparted live and it says "Disk unallocated" so no partition and nothing.

What the hell happened there? Has anyone had such a weird thing too?

Best regards

Your descriptions are utterly incomplete, so its next to impossible to tell what the cause was.

We will need to see some logfiles ;)

With my rpie i keep backups! i dont know why but it seems pis sd cards get corrupted very easily.
1717300577115.png

Sum may say easy as pi.

Latest posts