Windoze Problem.

wm460

Reaction score
Credits
I jut bought a new desktop computer with the cursed windoze 11 installed on it, which made my mind up to change over to linux.
I cannot do any thing until the next month when I get my new monthly allotment of Gb, at the moment I am on dial up speed.
I have a 100gb plan normally use about 80gb now I am up to 120gb.

I don't know if it windoze chew it up or if I have been hacked, is there any way of telling?

When I change over what happens to what I have on my computer now?
Do I have to stick it on a memory stick or is it safe on the puter?

Do I have to stick it on a memory stick or is it safe on the puter?
The SAFEST way is to stick it on a memory stick.

I don't know if it windoze chew it up or if I have been hacked, is there any way of telling?
If windows was connected to internet for the first time is should waste no more than some 10GB for updates.
default installation is some 20GB, which expands to some 30GB after updates

It's impossible windows wasted 40GB as it's the case you're saying.
maybe you've been downloading something yourself?

windoze pretty much always downloads updates and other scary things. Iwould bet that chewed it all up for you. If you set up a microsoft account because they almost force that, then you will be chewing up data all the time everytime you are turned on.

first thing is go into the windoze setting under users and locate the convert to local account option. Get microsoft out of your everyday life there. Then if you were fooled into office 365 that is another one that chews up internet and will go thru a short free period and then you have to rent it. meaning you pay for the software every month. I have people install Libre Office and get rid of MS for that reason. Windows is all about how much money they can squeeze out of you.

HughesNet?

If so, you get some 'free' data after midnight, I think. It's like an extra 30 GB.

HughesNet?

The OP is in Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.

It is likely under-provisioned in terms of internet access.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend

Wiz

Tell us a little about your internet connection...company etc

DO they charge you for that ?

Good choice in ISPs - I've been an Aussie user for coming up on four (4) years, and they are easily the best I have been with (of about 10 or so).

Worth a look.

As always, watch the fine print. Discounts are nice, but they have a cut off time, in most cases

Members online